9.30.2010

The Value of Sleep

(Go me and my creative Skitch skillz)

Hey Kids, Mara here.

Sorry I've been MIA. Acads = hell and just this morning I realized how tired my body was -- I experienced hypotension. Luckily our morning class was cancelled. When I woke up, I barely turned in bed and felt the world spin, srsly. After a while, I tried sitting up... which wasn't a smart idea... because it didn't take long for the spinning to get really bad and I fell to my side and I gave in, slept for another hour. Soon the hour was over, I tried getting up again, tried walking despite feeling terrible. I went to the electronic blood pressure thing and it read 89/66.

The last time I had low blood pressure, I don't think it reached that low, but it has happened once before. The reason? Lack of sleep.

I haven't been sleeping well and it's never good for the body. But it's sad because I can't avoid it, not with the university I go to, not with the course I'm taking. I worry about what it'll be like when internship rolls along but oh well.

So let's run through WHY you MUST get enough sleep
  • Sleep = time for your body to repair. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
  • Sleep helps keep your heart healthy! I can attest to this because of my blood pressure woes =\
  • Sleep helps deal with stress. Did you ever feel like everything's just going wrong, that everything's been terrible, that everything's overwhelming? Sometimes sleeping on it could just clear your mind and help you handle it better the next day.
  • Sleep = better memory! I don't know about you, but I cannot function for an exam if I don't sleep. Sleep is equal to your computer saving its files. I feel like it's when I can integrate everything somehow. Otherwise it's just free-floating information that flits away.
  • Sleep = better weight management! I think this is a big thing for me. I don't get enough sleep and along with my other problems leading to difficulty in weight loss. When you don't get enough sleep you get an increase in appetite -- specifically for food high in fat, calories and sugar-y death =\
Those are just some of the many reasons sleep is so important. Did you also know that there's a correlation between sleep deprivation and death? Look it up. Hopefully I'll get better soon, but for now, I have to dash again because I'm feeling weak and dizzy again =\ Really need rest.

'Til the next stop,
Mara

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.