9.01.2010

YOU and YOUR WEIGHING SCALE

How's everyone?How's the diet going?Well, if you ask me, I was doing pretty good, NOT until I was away on vacation for a week.

Vacation is tough if you're on a diet.

Why?
  1. HASSLE - If you're traveling by land, your compartment is loaded with your suitcases already and jamming a cooler with your week long supply of food isn't possible. If you're traveling by plane, it sucks too because are you seriously gonna carry a cooler around?
  2. ROTTEN - your food gets moldy, especially produce, they turn brown-ish in colour even if it's still good to eat before the best date, you just won't have the appetite.
The vacation was enjoyable, involved a lot of walking and eating too! Anyways, vacation's over and the day after we got back, I can't even look at my weighing scale. I knew I gained some pounds back.

Since I've started my diet now a month ago, my weighing scale and I became friends. I manage to say hi and goodbye to it 3-4 times a week. Since after the vacation, I only get to say hi and goodbye to it twice and the first one, I didn't like what it said about my weight.

IT SAID I GAINED back the 10 POUNDS I lost.

I'm like shocked and speechless and was about to cry. There is no way I gained 10 pounds in a week. I was so down that I spent half an hour after I weighed myself in thinking what the heck did I eat when I was away to gain back the pounds I lost for the whole month of August in JUST A WEEK?

And this morning tho, I weighed in again and realized that I only gained 3 lbs, that's all. PMS was to blame for adding 7 pounds that almost got me depressed.

argh WATER WEIGHT!!!

Seriously, good thing I felt a lil bit of cramps when I weighed myself 3 days after the vacation then I remember I'm gonna have my period and water retention is normal. Since then, I've cut down on salt intake and I am hydrating myself well. It's not really necessary for me to say this, but I'm gonna say it anways, I got my period yesterday and for about a week now I am trying to get back on my diet, hydrating myself well and cutting down on my sodium and it did helped a lot with my water retention dilemma. Now, I'm cleared that the extra 7 pounds was water weight.

My scale and I are friends again and I am gonna say hi to it again on Friday. If you're experiencing water retention too and it's most common in us women especially a week before our period, just remember to drink more water and cut back on your sodium intake. [read more about how to stop water retention here].


Image credits to google images

Are you friends with your weighing scale?


Happy dieting everyone!

xo,
Em

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.