8.30.2010

Too Busy to Think of Weight Loss?

Image Credits: Google Images

(BUH SORRY FOR THE LATE POST. I was working =\ Have to make moolahz, ya know?)

May I just say that I am happy to report that I reached my goal weight for the month! *Bows, bows*

144.

Am I totally satisfied? Not really. I didn't think I'd make it, to be honest and I blame it partly for timing and lack of discipline. As you know I'm only starting to get back on the whole healthy lifestyle and when you're so damn busy, everything could just go out the window because of either work, academics or something else. I actually reached 142 sometime along the week. I got off the scale, rubbed my eyes and got on again but it was true. Sadly, my weight has been fluctuating like crazy!

Things I'm not proud of but I'll admit because we're all human here:

  • I haven't been exercising for over a week as I'd stay up to meet deadlines for both uni work and work work.
  • I didn't always abide by the 1/2 cup rice rule. Blame my grandma's cooking. I never EVER go beyond 1 cup though.
  • I've been eating fast food at the times there wasn't any home cooked meals due to lack of choice =\
Forgivable points?
  • You DON'T have to kill yourself over exercise. If you don't feel guilty about it because you were truly too busy, then that's all there is to it. Just make sure you don't slack ALL the time. Today I've started exercising again and I'm thinking of doing it every morning but I wouldn't be able to do the bouncing anymore =\ I amped it up to 20 of each rather than 15 and I almost gave up with the pushups! I just pushed myself to get through with 16-20 even though I felt like weak sauce and couldn't breathe as easy :)) So out of shape =\ That'll change!
  • Though I eat junk and everything I try to make sure that I don't eat too much. E.g. I eat a little for a certain mealtime because I ate too much the mealtime before, etc.
So what did we pick up from this?
  • Skipping exercise isn't a sin. It's not entirely great but hey, sometimes we are just so busy. Make time for it though! I know it could be hard to stick to but hey, the endorphins (happy hormones, body's natural pain relievers) are great, believe me :)
  • If you're not exercising, curb your eating a little. Try to make up for it by choosing wiser with the things you're eating.
I don't know what my weight would be now if I did things differently but I don't think I'd be in one piece right now if I was so strict because of all the stress with all the crap to do already.

On an old post (*click*) I said that my goal for September was 139, 5lbs. I'm a little nervous for it because 140 was my plateau for weight loss with my run before. It really demoralized me when I couldn't lose weight anymore though I was quite strict with how I ate before (hence the giving up). Oh well. No pain, no gain! Let's do this!

'Til the next stop,
Mara

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.