8.26.2010

Impulse Buying

Mara checking in. Hello, Thursday.

Why, why, why is it that when you see something you think is brill, you jump on it and think it'd match your expectations?

Why do you feel like you have to have something sometimes?

You know what I'm saying right? It's like your instincts turn you into an animal stalking its prey, unable to control the bloodlust anymore. You just want to strike!

It's crazy.

It's okay if you don't have a lot on cash on you, like not enough to buy anything extra but enough to last you the day. But there are just those times when you seem to be carry a little bit more than you should.

Just last Friday I had an impulse buy moment.


Bought a fauxnad set and it wasn't exactly cheap =\ (350php) the sad reality? Stamping nail art and all that? Not as easy as people make it seem! So I was quite disappointed with my buy (considering the price) and won't be trying using it anytime soon, prolly not until I have loads of time on me and pick up the right technique. I was actually disappointed with myself, too. I should've been saving, and I am but meh. Sad time =\

After that I went to Essences with Jem (who I spent the afterschool time with) and found something else I wanted but ended up not having enough moolah! SAD. (Still going back to buy it though XD) Instantly the spell was gone and I was like. Wth... Shouldn't have done that =\ But what's done was done. (Luckily, I'm over the OPI lemming... for now)

So right now, I am putting down tips to avoid impulse buying for your sake and mine.
  1. As much as possible, keep the money you bring to a minimum. Don't calculate a complete exact amount (you know you could run into unexpected expenses) leave a little extra but make sure the amount's not significantly large to let you buy anything big that you could regret later
  2. If you can't help to bring quite a bit extra think about whether or not you really really REALLY need it. You and I both know that the answer would usually be no =\
  3. Put off buying to another day. I checked out how many of the thing I wanted was in stock and told myself that I can buy it on Monday because OPI's not big for everyone here in the Philippines. I mean the set I want has been from the holiday season of last year I think. Get home and think long and hard. Look for similar things, etc. Assess the price, whatever! You may find that you don't really want it as much as you thought.
  4. Doing groceries? Like Emmaleigh said, have a list and stick to it.
And just for fun...

Acceptable reasons to impulse buy:
  • It's on sale and you know if you don't get it, you'll hate it forever
  • It's reasonable and you know it'll be worth it
  • If it's not a big investment/not worth a lot of money = a big loss, then you could take a chance
  • If it's a "I've got diarrhea, need toilet paper" situation or something like that :p
Haha. Hope you had fun with this!

'Til the next stop,
Mara :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.