8.02.2010

ROAD TO SUCCESS

Hi there everyone! This is Em again typing for you ;). I owe this blog a lot, I have been extremely busy the past few days that I only got the time today to update this blog. What I'm gonna be sharing to you guys today are similar to Mara's Phases in the journey to weight loss.

Just like Mara, I myself was always a fat kid and had tried a lot of different things for me to lose the excess weight. Sure, I always get myself into a program, I am gonna start to lose some then out of nowhere I'll lose the motivation and I'll gain back all the weight and it even came to a point that I reached 198 lbs! I don't know how I got there but it was really scary and alarming! I am only 5 flat so I shouldn't be weighing more than 110 lbs. I wanted to lose weight but I always have excuses.

I wanted the old Em, I want my old clothes to fit me again, I want my gown (from my 18th birthday) to fit me again and this time I am determined to keep myself inspired and motivated.

The following are the rules/motivation I imposed on for myself.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES:


credits to google images

- NO excuses, make it happen. Excuses on weight loss are no good, it will get you nowhere. "I'll start my diet tomorrow, I promise." Enough of those kind of excuses, why? There will always be tomorrow and you'll have that same excuse again the next day if there's a chocolate cupcake right in front of you and you can't say no to eating it. You'll never get to your goal, you'll never lose weight if you don't stop making excuses. Let's stop making excuses and act on our goal!

TAKE BABY STEPS:


credits to google images

If you decide to start today and if your body is used to consuming 3,000 calories a day don't just cut it down to 1,500 calories/day on the moment you started your diet. No to crash diet and never starve yourself. Take baby steps, from 3,000 calories cut it down to 2,500 calories. That way, you are giving your body and your metabolism the time to adjust. This is what I'm doing right now, taking baby steps, I am eating right, counting my calories and eating on the right time. I can feel that my body is slowly adjusting to the diet. How can I tell? Because my meals are well portioned and I am not on a crash diet, I don't get hungry, I don't feel hungry and I feel more alert.

EXERCISE:
credits to google images

There are different types of exercises or toning of the muscles out there in the world for you to try. You can go to the gym, you can do swimming, you can power walk, run/jog, if dancing is what you want to do, enroll yourself to a dance studio, or kickboxing you just got to find and know what interests you. Exercise will not only help you burn fats and lose weight, it will also help tone your body and it's also good for your cardio. My interest is kickboxing. Gym is boring me, maybe because my parents have got some equipments at home and before I moved out my morning routine before going to school or work during the summer are: I step on the treadmill, the stepper and we used to have that stationary bike too. Then my parents signed me up for gym membership, it is just boring for me, same routine everyday. Then one day sometime in 2008 while I was on the bus on my way home I saw a signage for kickboxing, I got really interested, signed up and ended up liking it. Now, after over a year of being lazy and pigging out sessions, I am getting myself collected and signed up again for cardio kickboxing and so far I like that I am sweating and I feel somehow healthier. Also, STOP! being intimidated, again NO EXCUSES, MAKE IT HAPPEN! If you get intimidated, when are you gonna hit the gym?or a dance studio?or a dojo?

PLAN AHEAD:

Plan your meals ahead. Before you go for your weekly grocery shopping, you should know already your menu for the week and by doing so you're saving money. How? Because you're only buying the items that you know you'll need and you'll eat. And bring packed lunches to work or school so you can keep track of what you're eating and again, you'll be saving money with this strategy too. If you've spent $60 on your weekly grocery, why would you want to spend another $5 or $10 or even $20 a day at work on food when there's enough food at home that just needed to be put in a ziplock then in your work bag? Never grocery shop on an empty stomach, we all know why right?

KEEP MOTIVATED:
One of the things that's keeping me motivated right now is this blog and hopefully be an inspiration to other people someday. If both Mara and I can lose weight, if we can drop all the excuses and if we can reach our goals, we can affect people in a positive way. We all can do it! We all can be fit and happy!

The other thing that's keeping me motivated is this dress

Yes. I love polka dots and zebra prints :D That dress is 4 dress sizes smaller. I know I should've gotten a size 10 but there aren't any left so I bought that dress. When I was paying for that dress (I got it from Sears btw), I knew in my heart that one day with the determination I have and me acting on my goal, that dress can fit me and I will proudly show it to the world. This can be your motivation too whatever your dress size is, buy a two dress sizes smaller then through diet and exercise that dress fits you, you know you've succeeded already all you have to do is keep on going and stay motivated. Just keep on buying 2 dress sizes smaller until you've reached your goal. Dresses or pants doesn't have to be expensive, just something for you to keep motivated. What do you do with those dresses after? GARAGE SALE baby!

That's about it for me tonight everyone! Let us all be fit, happy and motivated! I hope this entry will help anyone out there in the future.

Love lots,
Em

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.