8.16.2010

Progress


(Image credits to the person who did it, I found the pic on Google Images :p)

I thought I'd never do it but wow. It's happening.

Yep, Mara speaking/typing/telepathically relaying this message to you :p

But yes, aside from cutting back on my meals again, I have *gasped* started exercising.

I only started Tuesday but I've been doing it regularly :)

What is "it" exactly?

Well it's not much, but it sure beats doing nothing y'know?

My exercise regimen that I plan on adapting (and have been doing) is simple. I made it "fun" just so I can maintain it and I always always use my beloved exercise ball (it's blue, big, round and wonderful). And it consists of:

  • 15 hip-ups (is that what they're called? I forget. Let's stick to that)
  • 15 oblique crunches on each side
  • 15 push-ups
  • 15 minutes of bouncing on my ball
I'm serious. Why 15? I don't know, seems like a good number. I like structure, so there. I'll step up my game when the last week of August comes in and I'll turn 15 to 20 then (except for ball bouncing, that's gonna stay that way I think). I'm going to do it 6 times a week so that'd be like 20-25 mins of exercise almost everyday (except Saturday, my cheat day). That would total to me doing 120-150 mins or 2-2.5 hours of exercise a week!

I know it may not look like much but you gotta give me effort for trying :p And you know what?

No more excuses for this gal!

I'm busy, aren't we all? But I'm gonna try hard to make this work :)

Tips for picking an exercise regimen?
  1. Consult your doctor
  2. Know what to target
  3. Research
  4. Make it fun (try music, do bouncing :p)
  5. Try to do it with someone! A friend/spouse/family members/group of friends
  6. Keep it reasonable
  7. Make sure you'd stay motivated to do it
  8. Make sure it fits your means (not hard to maintain money/time-wise, etc)
Other tips for exercising?
  • KEEP HYDRATED
  • Don't overdo it. You'll strain yourself!
  • Keep going!
  • Do NOT binge on fatty/high-cal stuff after. Make sure your diet/lifestylechangefoodthingIlikecallingwhatwe'redoinginsteadoftheworddiet and exercise regimen compliment each other, not cancel each other!
So there's that :)

We're all busy, yes. But if we can find time to blow on Facebook/*insert random way to kill time with here* then you sure can do the same for exercise. Just make it work for YOU.

'Til the next stop,
Mara

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

OUR OWN SEPARATE BLOGS

Follow this blog with bloglovin

CLICK ME
Follow TEAM EmMarah

Followers

TWEET US!

TALK TO US!

Powered by Blogger.